Running the Race by Cameron

Every week we have a different BMV. That stands for bible memory verse. It is a bible verse that we are supposed to memorize in a week. This week's BMV was:

"Do you not know that the runners in a stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus, I do not run aimlessly, I do not fight as if I was shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that after preaching to others, I myself should be disqualified." - 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

I thought about when it says that they win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable crown. Our imperishable crown is Heaven, and we will win it by running God's race. To me, we can be running God's race in our daily life. Through prayer and mission work and volunteering, we can be running God's race. And it is easy to give in to worldly temptations, and also get disqualified from the race. 

God bless,
Cameron

Autumn running at a cross country meet


Autumn and her team praying afterwards





Popular Posts