Caring for the Sick by Gianna

Hi! Today I am going to talk about some Works of Mercy that we were able to experience throughout last week. Some of us were sick, so us who were well were able to comfort the afflicted and visit the sick.

One way was when I entertained my brother, Cameron, while he was sick. He wrote me a letter about polar bears, my favorite animal, so I wrote him back with a story. It was really fun. Then he asked me for a paperclip, and if you give a Cameron a paperclip, he's probably up to something. And he was.  He called me again, and it turns out that he had bent the paperclip in a different shape and was trying to be one of the characters from Little House on the Prairie. Then I made some shapes for Cameron with the paper clips. I also got some chips for a treat from being done with school, and I shared them with Cameron.

Another way we took care of the sick, was by moving family time by their room. We would bring all the books that we read aloud, and go in the hallway by the door, so he or she could be a part of it. We also brought our rosaries and prayed the rosary together. And, if we needed to have a meeting, we would go up there and discuss what we had to say.

One last way we helped each other was by taking up the work. I and my brothers cooked and cleaned (Cameron wasn't sick anymore). I helped people with jobs. We also made tea for my mom and helped clean up the mess. We have a bell that says "Ring bell for coffee" and if the sick person rang the bell, they needed something, and we would get it for them.

We did all this because we’re a family and we love each other.

God bless,

Gianna

This is Cameron doing his school on his bed with Digory, our dog

Popular Posts