Praise and Worship by Autumn

Ever since our initial mission trip to Big Woods, in Louisiana, our family has started doing our own praise and worship. I enjoy playing praise songs on the piano and ukulele. A little bit ago I decided to invest in a nicer ukulele to play. The pink one that I had learned with was very chipped and, because we have many ukulele players in our family, we could use another to share. My thought was that it would be a good investment because it is something I can use to praise God with and is very portable. Recently, on our roadtrip to Florida, I learned how nice it is to have a portable string instrument.

I learned that praise and worship can really be done anywhere, anytime. When we arrived in Florida, we had some spare time in my brother Tyler's apartment. We spent it playing music together as a family. Then, while we were camping near Tallahassee, we played around the campfire. I felt like our playing together and singing really helped us grow closer as a family, and it turns out it was enjoyed by others as well. Around the campsite the next day, people kept telling us how much they enjoyed the music and I was glad that we were able to witness with our praise songs. We also played music at a park while we were killing time. I think it was nice to play uplifting music that people were able to enjoy while they walked or rode past us. 

This is us playing outside of our tent

We didn’t have a video of us playing our praise songs (we were too busy participating!), but here we are with another one of our favorites.

Praise and worship definitely helps me get closer to God, and I think it's a great way to pray. In case you want to try playing or singing some praise songs yourself, here are some of the songs we play regularly:

We Have Come by Will Reagan

Take A Moment by Will Reagan

Nothing I Hold On To by Will Reagan

Lord I Need You by Matt Maher

Overwhelmed by Big Daddy Weave



Popular Posts