Life in Guatemala by Gianna

Hello. In this blogpost I am going to write about how it is like to live (for a month) in Guatemala, plus our routines/plans of the day. We are here because we want to learn Spanish so that we can do mission work in other countries, and actually have a conversation with people who know Spanish, and not just know “Si.”

First of all, as you may already know, we arrived here safely. The house/apartment(?) we are staying in is pretty nice and big. Everyone who is staying here was very welcoming to us. The meals are very nice, and mostly made by the cook, Glenda, who is very talented in cooking.

We start out eating a breakfast of French toast, cereal, etc. Then, around 8-8:15, we leave for escuela de Espanol (Spanish school), which is outside in a garden.

Where we sit is by the “Jungle Gym,” a park containing monkey bars. Our table is under the trees and also by a soccer field. Our teacher is Catholic, and is very nice. We get a 30 min. break, which is nice.

You can also go on the roof (the stairs are pretty sketchy), where you get the view of a ton of volcanos! And you can see Fuego, the active volcano, which erupts every hour. When I was little, I used to be scared of volcanoes, but now, I am pretty chill. We heard about doing an overnight, hiking the volcano. It’s kind of expensive, and I don’t think I could make it, but it sounds pretty cool.

Now, my sister Autumn, has already wrote mostly about this, so I am going to just give a brief note. After lunch we have some time to do homework, or just have free time. Then we go to La Merced, around 4-5-6, for a Holy Hour and Mass.

Then, after mass, we eat dinner, and then we usually fellowship or play cards for a period of time, and then do all the Spanish praise songs we can muster up to play. Andy (who is 4), the son of the Mom who owns the house we are staying in, liked the praise and worship in Spanish, and playing the ukulele.

Today, me and my Mom went out together to have on-on-one time. To get wifi (so I can publish this blogpost) we went to this club place outdoors where we shared a dessert pizza. They also have free things like bocce and a kids trampoline, which we are going to do while we are here.

Well folks, I think that’s all for today. I hope you liked this blogpost.

God bless,

Gianna

Us at the airport at 5:00 a.m. eating pumpkin bread

Us at the jungle gym at Spanish school

Me on the stairs to the roof at Spanish school

Us with a stray dog we met in front of the church

We named him Queso

Me typing my blogpost

Popular Posts