My Top 7 Favorite Praise and Worship Songs by Carson


Hi, in this blogpost I'm going to piggyback a little bit off my last post, which was about why I learned guitar. Today, I'm going to countdown my seven favorite praise and worship songs (with number one being roughly my favorite) to listen to and play. Maybe some of these you already know, but I'm happy to share some new ones if not! By the way, I had to narrow it down a lot.

********************

7. Lord I Lift Your Name On High (Version by Sonicflood) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07U0Zb65KxU

A classic song many people know. I really like this song because it has a very upbeat pace, as well as the fact that it's a very easy song for people to pick up both in the lyrics and also in the chords. The lyrics go through Jesus' incarnation, death, and ressurection to show that He more than deserves to be praised. There's also some hand motions that go to this song if you really want to get into it.


Lord I Lift Your Name On High
(From our Praise and Worship Song Books)


Playing with friends outside La Merced Church in Guatemala

6. Revelation Song by Phillips, Craig, and Dean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsiDukXIeVY

This song is a more solemn, slow song that sings about God in the context of the last book in the Bible. I really like the lyrics and slow chords on this song. The lyrics talk about God and all his glory in the imagery found in the book of Revelation.


5. We Have Come by United Pursuit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAOjDYVBbQ

This is one of the songs that the missionaries from Family Missions Company liked to play a lot when we were on past mission trips with them. It has a simple repetitiveness that makes it easy to sing and play along to, while definitely giving off that praise and worship vibe! The lyrics are about praising the Lord and following him into a deeper relationship.


4. Rest On Us by Maverick City Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MZbl-GRdY

This is a song that I only listened to the for first time a few days ago, when a missionary played it for us at Adoration during Totus Tuus. It's quickly been made one of my favorite Praise and Worship songs because of how amazingly moving the words and the music are for me. It's possible this one could become my favorite song in the future! The lyrics invoke the Holy Spirit and asks him to rest on us, while speaking about our love for him.


3. O Come To the Altar by Elevation Worship https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpfuKKH_SCE

This is just an amazing song, and to me it sounds very beautiful, especially on the guitar. The words are great and it's one of my favorites to play. The lyrics are about taking our brokenness to the altar of God so that he can heal us.


2. Holy Spirit by Jesus Culture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFByOX8Fb0M

This is a big favorite in my family as well as with our friends! It's simple to play on guitar so it's easy to have lost of people play together, and it has some nice vocal harmonies, too. It's all about inviting the Holy Spirit into our lives so he can take over.


Holy Spirit
(From our Praise and Worship Song Books)

Playing in Missouri for our friend's commisioning ceremony


Playing at Adoration at Divine Mercy Church in Belize

1. Nothing I Hold On To by United Pursuit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fryb0Uqo4s

This song gets number one because it was the first song I learned on guitar! Besides that, It's a very simple one to teach to others, and its lyrics are simple and meaningful. This is also a song that's in a good key for my limited vocal range to sing in compared to other songs! This song is about surrendering totally to Jesus, and leaning totally on him.



Nothing I Hold On To
(From our Praise and Worship Song Books)

********************

I hope you enjoyed hearing about some of my favorite praise and worship songs! I challenge you to listen to all of them and to find your favorite one. Also, if anybody reading this plays guitar or another instrument (or would like to), I would encourage you to learn some of these songs because they're easy and fun. Have fun listening to these songs and go spread the joy of the Lord with them!

- Carson!

Popular Posts