Music Review: The Arcadian Wild by Autumn

Hello there!

Today I'm very excited to share a review of one of my new favorite music artists. My family loves music, especially those that include acoustic instruments. It's usually rare for us to find a band that is not only amazing at the instruments they play but also has catchy songs that glorify God and teach good morals. The Arcadian Wild is all of this and more. The band consists of three main members (guitar, mandolin, and fiddle). They are extremely creative with their instruments and use them to make their music really stick. In addition to that, they are all amazing vocalists and sing in harmony super well. Below I’m going to list a few of my personal favorites of their songs and a little blurb about them. 

1. Dopamine: This song is about the present culture's tendency to waste their lives in the pursuit of the small moments of addictive pleasure that come from electronics. 

2. Wolves of the Revolution: This song rebels against the tendency to simply to follow the crowd. It encourages me to not let others tell me what I should or should not do but rather stick to what I know is right.

3. The Anthem of Mr. Dark: About learning to say "no" to things and take care of yourself. It reminds me that it’s important to have boundaries in the everyday.

4. The Poet: This song is one of my favorites as it talks about seeing the wonder that God has placed in all of his creation, and how he placed it there for us.

Artwork inspired by the song

5. Shoulders: I love this song because it is very simple and comforting. It serves as a reminder that God has been with each and everyone of us from the start, and how he delights in our accomplishments.

6. The Storm: This song makes me think of people I’ve had in my life, as it talks about how making a living has a way of killing men. It follows the theme of Ecclesiastes, wondering if we can break away from the endless vanity and chasing after the wind for something more.

7. Empress: If I had to pick a song to make me think of some of the adventures I’ve been blessed to have in life so far, this is one of them. This is a fast paced and cleverly worded song daring us not to waste our lives by never taking risks. 

8. Hey Runner!: This is a song similar to "The Anthem of Mr. Dark," questioning why we are always moving from one thing to the next trying to please all the people over us in life. 

9. Rain Clouds: This sweet song is definitely the first Arcadian Wild song I really listened to, and from the very first time I’ve loved the message behind it. It talks about finding hope in the midst of hardships, and is very beautiful.

10. Two Kinds: This song almost always amuses me with its clever lyrics. It talks about our tendencies to only see in black in white when it comes to any sort of perspective from our own. 

Now that I’ve given you some of my favorite songs from the Arcadian Wild, I hope you’ll go listen to some of them! This is a band that is way too underrated. I believe they are a great example of people using their talents to glorify God and spread good messages throughout the world.

Thanks for reading!

Autumn


Popular Posts