Becoming A Missionary Kid by Gianna

Hello! As most of you have heard, this coming September my family will be moving to Louisiana, for missionary training. My whole family was a part of making that decision, so how do I feel about going into missions as a kid? 

Well, one thing I know for sure is that mission life has a lot of ups and downs, pros and cons, and good and bad, because I have been on short-term mission trips. But it's still what I enjoy (doing missions). On any other mission trips, I always remember having a feeling of peace and happiness serving the poor and spreading God's word. 

Even before we head off to Louisiana, I know that I am going to miss a lot of things. My friends, my cozy bed, my dog, my sister. But I also know that I will make new friends in the mission field, still have a place to sleep at least, meet other dogs, and grow closer to my siblings.

I know that this is what the Lord is calling me and my family to do. Even while we were at the discernment week in Louisiana, I knew that the Lord was making his message clear: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel" - Mark 16:15 

Apparently, that message (about my family and me going into missions) also seemed clear to some of our mission friends. I think they knew that we would become missionaries even before we did. I mean, why would God still have that call for us, even after waiting four years?  I know God has a plan, even if it seems a little strange.

So folks, I hope you enjoyed this post, and hopefully learned something new. Also, please be constantly praying for my family, as we began fundraising and virtual training.

God Bless,

Gianna

Hilarious Mormon Missionary Memes That Sum Up a Life as a Missionary |  Mormon missionary memes, Lds memes, Church humor


  

Popular Posts