Proclaim the Gospel! by Gianna

Hi!

Today I will be talking about one of the bible verses that we hope to base our mission work on when we go into missions this fall. This is most likely going to be a part of a collection of posts, so be prepared. To start, I will put a well known mission bible verse, the one and only: (Drum roll please)

--MARK 16:15--

"GO OUT INTO THE WHOLE WORLD AND PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL"

First of all, I really like this verse because Jesus is speaking and directing this to his disciples. (Wait, of course he is! We can obviously see that). But I feel Jesus isn't just telling his twelve disciples, he's telling everyone who follows him. All his disciples. Which is technically everyone, because we are all called to follow him, and become his disciples.

Jesus also says don't stay in one place! Go out into the whole world and preach the Gospel!  You could even be like St. Paul, who never really had a permanant home! He is definitely one of the main saints I pray to for our missionary work.

I also like to think about the "Proclaim" part. It doesn't necessarily remind me of someone going to a different country and just staying in a house saying "I'm here if any y'all wanna talk about Jesus." It sort of reminds me of Saint Francis of Assisi, who joyfully went through the streets praising God in a loud voice. 

We are to proclaim. We are to share the gospel with people 24-7! Never stopping! To me it doesn't matter where you are, you can basically spread the gospel anywhere. I encourage everyone to do so, and from experience, sometimes you feel a lot happier if you share it with someone! 

Thank you for reading this post!

God Bless,

Gianna


Us in General Cepeda, Mexico at a home-visit

Teaching Catechism in Belize at the biue house

Being a missonary can be tiring!
(I fell asleep one night in General Cepeda, at the mission house)

Popular Posts